DSC Academic Advising: DegreeWorks
DegreeWorks is a great tool for academic advising. The program combines the course catalog, the program sheet, the course schedule, and the student's academic transcript. For this reason, all information needed for academic program planning is all in one central location.
The Registrar's Office has developed tutorials for students and advisors in a PowerPoint format. For more information regarding DegreeWorks, please follow this link.
Advisor Access to Degree Works
- Log into the RoadRunner Portal
- Under Faculty/Staff drop down, right click on DegreeWorks to open in a new tab
- Select the appropriate term, then click on the submit
- Click on button that says " Click on Continue to DSC DegreeWorks"
- Enter the student's DSC Id Number in the appropriate box and press the enter key on your keyboard
- If you do not know the DSC Id Number, click on the Find button. Then enter First and Last Name to select your student's record.
Student Access to Degree Works
- Log into RoadRunner Portal
- Under Banner dropdown, select Student and Financial Aid Menu
- Click on Link to DSC DegreeWorks
- Click on Button that says " Click on Continue to DSC DegreeWorks"
This section should be used to document student appointments and significant communications with students. Advisors should include actions taken, forms submitted, unusual events, special permissions, overrides, etc. Anyone with access to the student's DegreeWorks account; including the student, may view all notes.
To enter a note, follow these steps:
- click on the Notes tab
- click on Add a Note
- enter the information
- click on Save Note
DegreeWorks will automatically populate your name and the date the note was entered into the students record.
Worksheet - Student View
The Worksheet tab offers two different views of the students record:
- Student View - lists all requirements for the program; however, those satisfied are marked as complete.
- Registration Checklist - lists only the areas that have not been satisfied.
In addition, the Worksheet tab contains a What If Analysis function. This feature allows the student to explore alternate programs of study and to determine how their previous credits would work toward the new program.
For more information regarding the views and the What If Analysis function, please refer to the Worksheet Features tab on the drop down menu under DegreeWorks in this guide.
What If Analysis
This section allows students to explore other majors offered at Dalton State College. Once the student enters the new major and clicks on process new, the student's worksheet will temporarilty reflect the courses required and satisfied for the new major.
Note: If the student had courses forced into areas by the Registrar's Office or through Course Substitutions, these courses may not appear in the same places on the What-If Analysis.
The planner tab is no longer functional in the upgraded version of Degree Works.
At this time, DSC does not utilize the petition section of DegreeWorks. Later, this section may be used to submit substituion forms and appeals.
Threre are currently three gpa calculators listed on this page: