DSC Academic Advising: Major Changes
Change of Major Deadline Dates
Change of Major Deadline Dates:
Fall – July 1st
Spring – December 1st
Summer – May 1st
Major change forms submitted after these dates will be processed for the following term.
1. Returning students may be required to meet additional admissions requirements before the major change can be processed.
2. Students should also discuss their plans with Financial Aid to determine if the change of major will impact their funding.
Change of Major Process
- Go to www.daltonstate.edu
- Go to Admission Tab
- Select Forms from the menu
- Click on Current and Former Student Forms
- Select Change of Major Form
- You will be redirected to the Dynamic Forms site to change your major. If you already have a Dynamic Forms account, simply log in and jump to step 12. If you do not have a Dynamic Forms account, continue with steps 7-13.
- Click on Get Started tab to create an account.
- Create a username and password and complete the form.
- Check the email that you listed on the form
- Click the tab to activate the account
- Click tab to continue
- Click on the link titled: Office of the Registrar Petition to Change Major - Current Students
- Complete the form and submit.
Note: Major changes may take 7-10 business days to process.
Implications of Major Change
- The student may be required to complete additional admissions requirements to change his/her major. For example, students may be required to submit SAT/ACT scores before their major change is processed.
- The change may delay graduation time frame
- The change may impact the student's financial aid
Choosing the New Major
Career and Professional Development staff in the Dean of Students' Office can assist students with major selection.
Location: Pope Student Center, Dean of Students Office 230
Additional Online Resources:
The Georgia Career Information Center is an excellent resource for researching careers, projected job vacancies, and salary trends. This site allows students to assess skills, interests, and values for career placement. Once the student enters the website, he/she will need a username and password to continue. Please use one of the sets listed below to access this site.
Username: daltonc and Password: gcis910 or
Username: daltonace and Password: gcis606