DSC Academic Advising: Academic Renewal
Academic Renewal Policy
The academic renewal policy allows University System of Georgia degree-seeking students who have experienced academic difficulty to make a fresh start and have one final opportunity to earn an associate or bachelor’s degree. Former students may apply only if they have not been enrolled (not on dismissal) at any higher education institution in the previous three years and if they have successfully completed all learning support requirements prior to the commencement of the three-year period of absence. The granting of academic renewal does not supersede financial aid policies regarding satisfactory academic progress. Students must apply for academic renewal within the first year of re-enrollment. Contact the Office of Enrollment Services for more information and to request an application for academic renewal.
Source: DSC Catalog 2016-2017
Academic Renewal Eligibility
- The courses were taken at a University of System Georgia institution.
- The student must be seeking a degree
- The student has not attended an institution of higher education in the past three years.
- The student must have completed all Learning Support requirements before the three-year break from school.
- The student must apply for Academic Renewal within the first year of returning to school.
- Academic Renewal GPA may not apply for programs with competitive application processes requiring a GPA, such as Nursing and Education.