Derrell C. Roberts Library: GE troubleshooting
Reasons your request might not be successful:
- The item is an item type or location that doesn’t circulate in GIL Express. Only BOOKS from Libraries' circulating collections are available via GIL Express - not articles or reference books or microfim or ....
- You have fines or overdues at any USG library. One overdue book will block your account at all USG libraries!
- The requested item is checked out.
- A library network server is down.
- You specified your home library as DSC, the pick up library as DSC, and the book from DSC—one location must be different.
- Your barcode or Institutional ID# isn’t in the Library’s Circulation database, or you’ve selected the wrong home institution.
Item not available in the GIL UC or request not successful?
To request articles and books not available from USG libraries, visit or contact the DSC Interlibrary Loan Dept. at 706-272-2474 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Review step by step
The Libraries of the USG share a Universal Catalog which allows patrons of any USG Library to directly request books from the Circulating collections of other USG Libraries.
1) Log into your Library account in the library catalog with the first part of your email address and your email password
2) Search Roberts Library first.
3) Search the USG libraries.
4) Click on "Get It"
5) Click on "More Libraries"
6) Select a Library where it shows Available.
7) The message "Your GIL Express was successful" will appear. If it didn't, consult this Library Guide's Troubleshooting tab.
8) Monitor your requests by clicking on "My Account" in the GIL Catalog.