Derrell C. Roberts Library: GIL Express
What is GIL Express
12 million books - One statewide library
Patrons request books through their GIL Account and the books arrive at Roberts Library within 4-5 business days.
Monitor your requested book's status in "My Account" in GIL. There will be a USG Library listed in your account for each request. Click on that library to the the status of that library's books.
An automated email notification will be sent to the patron when the book is received at Roberts Library.
How to Request a GIL Express
The Libraries of the USG share a Universal Catalog which allows patrons of any USG Library to directly request books from the Circulating collections of other USG Libraries.
1) Log into your Library account in the library catalog with the first part of your email address and your email password
2) Search Roberts Library first.
3) Search the USG libraries.
4) Click on "Get It"
5) Click on "More Libraries"
6) Select a Library where it shows Available.
7) The message "Your GIL Express was successful" will appear. If it didn't, consult this Library Guide's Troubleshooting tab.
8) Monitor your requests by clicking on "My Account" in the GIL Catalog.
Reasons your request might not be successful:
- The item is an item type or location that doesn’t circulate in GIL Express. Only BOOKS from Libraries' circulating collections are available via GIL Express - not articles, reference books, microfim, electronic books, etc.
- You have fines or overdues at any USG library. One overdue book or $10 of fines will block your account at all USG libraries!
- The item is checked out.
- A library network server is down.
- You specified your home library as DSC, the pick up library as DSC, and the book from DSC—one location must be different.
- Your library account has expired.
Item not available in the GIL UC or request not successful? To request articles and books not available from USG libraries, visit or contact the DSC Interlibrary Loan Dept. at 706-272-2474 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Ask at the Circulation or Reference Desk or call the Circulation Desk @ 706-272-4583 any time the library is open or the Interlibrary Loan office during regular office hours @ 706-272-2474