Library Policies and Procedures: Request for Reconsideration of Library Resources
Request for reconsideration of Library Resources
Request for Reconsideration of Library Resources
The Derrell C. Roberts Library supports the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, Intellectual Freedom Statement, and it Statement on Challenged Materials (all available in the Library). The Library attempts to purchase materials that represent differing opinions on controversial matters. Selection is made without partisanship regarding matters of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, or moral philosophy. These differences will be recognized in impartial collection practices. Patrons who wish to challenge a material’s inclusion in the collection will be asked to fill out a “Request for Reconsideration” form. The form must be signed and dated by both the requestor and the librarian on duty. Completed forms will be forwarded to the Library Director at Roberts Library; 650 College Drive; Dalton, GA 30720.
Do you represent self? ____ Organization? ____
- Resource on which you are commenting:
____ Book ____ Textbook ____ Video ____ Display
____ Magazine ____ Library Program ____ Audio Recording
____ Newspaper ____ Electronic information/network (please specify)
____ Other ___________________________
1) What brought this resource to your attention?
2) Have you examined the entire resource?
3) What concerns you about the resource? (use other side or additional pages if necessary)
4) Are there resource(s) you suggest to provide additional information and/or other viewpoints on this topic?