Grants and Sponsored Programs: Home
Support and Services
Sponsored Programs is Dalton State’s home for grants with private, state, and federal funding agencies. Operating under the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, our mission is to procure external funding to support research, programs, and initiatives of faculty and staff at Dalton State College. The grant coordinator can provide assistance from the shaping of the initial concept to submission of the completed proposal, and works closely with other DSC units to facilitate grant operations and to ensure compliance with applicable federal and state requirements.
In the Grants and Sponsored Programs LibGuide, you’ll find strategies for developing a proposal, searching for funders, as well as institutional data and instructions for grant management. For questions or assistance, contact the grant coordinator, Melissa Whitesell, by phone at 706-272-2503 or email (email@example.com)
During the proposal development stage, we will:
- Answer questions regarding University System of Georgia and Dalton State College policies and procedures.
- Assist PI/project director with conceptualization and focus for a grant.
- Provide recommended language and standard attachments.
- Assist in collection of Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) and letters of support.
During the proposal review, we will:
- Review the proposal at an early stage to ensure it meets the funder's guidelines,
- Review proposal for compliance with agency/foundation as well as DSC guidelines and specifications.
You may also contact our Faculty and Staff mentors for assistance.
Dr. Kim Hays and Dr. John Lugthart - School of Science, Technology, and Mathematics
Dr. Jenny Crisp - School of Liberal Arts
Dr. Sharon Hixon, Dr. Lovey Mesco, Dr. Molly Zhou - School of Education
Dr. Jodi Johnson and Dr. Jami Hall - Office of Student Life
Dr. Tammy Rice - School of Health Professions