MNGT 4701: Strategic Management: Market Research
- American Community Survey (Census Bureau)The American Community Survey (ACS) is a nationwide survey designed to provide communities a fresh look at how they are changing. It is a critical element in the Census Bureau's reengineered decennial census program. The ACS collects and produces population and housing information every year instead of every ten years.
- Association for Consumer ResearchSearch the "For Researchers" section of their website. It provides academic researchers of consumer behavior with information regarding aligned organizations with an interest in the study of consumer behavior, academic journals that publish research on consumer behavior, conferences that target academic researchers and funding sources.
- Consumer Expenditure SurveyThe Consumer Expenditure Survey (CE) program consists of two surveys, the quarterly Interview Survey and the Diary Survey, that provide information on the buying habits of American consumers, including data on their expenditures, income, and consumer unit (families and single consumers) characteristics. The survey data are collected for the Bureau of Labor Statistics by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Population Reference Bureau DatafinderPRB is well-known for producing comprehensive data sheets covering population, health, and environment topics.
New Strategist Publications
New Strategist is a publisher that produces books on market segments. Some of the titles published by New Strategist are available in the EBSCOhost eBooks database. These are a few of the books available in the Reference Collection:
- A-Z Guide to American Consumers: Quick Links to Free Demographics byCall Number: REFERENCE HB3505 .R867 2008
- The Millennials: Americans Born 1977-1994Call Number: REFERENCE HQ796 .M4797 2006
Economic and Labor Statistics
- Occupational Employment StatisticsThe Occupational Employment Statistics (OES) program produces employment and wage estimates annually for nearly 800 occupations. These estimates are available for the nation as a whole, for individual states, and for metropolitan and nonmetropolitan areas; national occupational estimates for specific industries are also available.
- County Business PatternsCBP is an annual series that provides subnational economic data by industry.
- FedStatsThe gateway to statistics from over 100 U.S. Federal agencies
- Federal Reserve Archival System for Economic Research (FRASER)FRASER allows users to search for historical information on prices, wages, production, business activity, purchasing power, credit, money and Federal finance back to 1948.
Books in the Library
- Hidden in Plain Sight: How to Find and Execute Your Company's Next Big Growth Strategy byCall Number: HF5415.153 .J63 2007ISBN: 1422101657
- Marketing Research byCall Number: HF5415.2 .A14 2007ISBN: 0470050764
- The AMA Guide to the Globe: Managing the International Marketing Research Process byCall Number: HF5415.2 .E35 2006ISBN: 0324313314
- The Handbook of Marketing Research: Uses, Misuses and Future Advances byCall Number: HF5415.2 .H286 2006ISBN: 141290997X
- The Marketing Research Guide byCall Number: HF5415.2 .M35585 2006ISBN: 0789024160
- Why People Buy Things They Don't Need: Understanding and Predicting Consumer Behavior byCall Number: HF5415.32 .D36 2004ISBN: 0793186021