Instructional Technology for New Faculty: Introduction to GeorgiaVIEW LMS
Introduction to GeorgiaView
Introduction to GeorgiaVIEW/Brightspace
GeorgiaVIEW After Hours 24/7 Support TOLL FREE 1-855-772-0423
GeorgiaView login for students and faculty:
GeorgiaView Username and Password
Your username and password are the same for GeorgiaVIEW, email, and the Roadrunner Portal. OMIT @daltonstate.edu for GeorgiaVIEW and the Roadrunner Portal.
- Student and faculty help: firstname.lastname@example.org or Pat Horton email@example.com
- To speak with a GeorgiaVIEW Support Agent, 24x7x365, phone the dedicated University System of Georgia Support Hotline: TOLL FREE 1-855-772-0423
You can register for these trainings using the “self-registration” link.
For video tutorials visit the Instructional Technology Blog:
Course location in GeorgiaVIEW
Even though students can login to GeorgiaVIEW before the first day of class, they will not be able to access their courses until the first day of the semester. Their courses are listed under the “Select a Course” dropdown on the top of the screen in GeorgiaVIEW. The GeorgiaVIEW log-in page includes an Introduction to GeorgiaVIEW video explaining how to use GeorgiaVIEW
Important information about your courses in GeorgiaVIEW
- The required parts of GeorgiaVIEW for all courses are- a Gradebook and a Syllabus.
- All materials should be ADA compliant. We have helpful information about accessibility on the Instructional Technology Libguide.
- Remember- All parts of GeorgiaView can be used whether you are teaching online or not.
- We can create a “sandbox” course for you to experiment with.
- You can copy or import courses already created into your current courses.
- For online or hybrid classes stay organized by using the Dalton State Quality Matters rubric located on the Instructional Technology Libguide.
Helfpul Links and Resources
DSC Technology Blog https://dsctechnology.wordpress.com/
Jeopardy Labs https://jeopardylabs.com/
Screencastomatic (ScreenPal)– Free download at http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/
Weebly at http://www.weebly.com
Films on Demand – Accessed in Galileo
Turnitin.com- Integrated into every GeorgiaVIEW course
Quality Matters rubric- Accessed at http://libguides.daltonstate.edu/technology
Open Educational Resources www.affordablelearninggeorgia.org
Libguides http://libguides.daltonstate.edu Great for surveys or course websites
Presentation Practice Studio- reserve it at http://daltonstate.libcal.com/booking/practice
OCIS – Office of Computer Information Systems Contact- firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpful tools in GeorgiaVIEW
Intelligent Agents- Automated emails
View User/Student progress
Awards Tools: Badges and Certificates
Screencast on How to Use GeorgiaVIEW for students (captions included):