CRJU 3710 - Drugs in America: GIL Express
What is GIL Express
10 million books - One statewide library
GIL Express is a service that allows DSC employees and students to request books from other University System of Georgia Libraries from the GIL Catalog.
Patrons request books through their GIL Account and the books arrive within 4-5 business days.
Monitor your requested book's status in Your GIL Account: Open the GIL catalog and click the log in link upper right corner.
When a book is requested, its status is "Requested". When it is shipped, the status changes to "In Transit", and when the book reaches Roberts Library, its status is "On Hold". An automated email notification will be sent the following morning.
How to Request a GIL Express
The Libraries of the USG share a Universal Catalog which allows patrons of any USG Library to directly request books from the Circulating collections of other USG Libraries.
1) Log into your Library account in the library catalog with the first part of your email address and your email password
2) Search Roberts Library first.
3) Search the USG libraries.
4) Click on "Get It"
5) Click on "More Libraries"
6) Select a Library where it shows Available.
7) The message "Your GIL Express was successful" will appear. If it didn't, consult this Library Guide's Troubleshooting tab.
8) Monitor your requests by clicking on "My Account" in the GIL Catalog.