ENGL 4800-Introduction to Literary Theory: Home
Welcome to Roberts Library online course guide for ENG 4800 Introduction to Literary Theory. Browse through the tabs to find more information about your subject area. A few of the links may require you to log in with your MyDaltonState user ID and password if off-campus.
Reference Assistance is individualized help with a specific question or need. Reference librarians are available to assist during the hours the library is open.
- Moral Criticism, Dramatic Construction (~360 BC-present)
- Structuralism/Semiotics (1920s-present)
- Formalism, New Criticism, Neo-Aristotelian Criticism (1930s-present)
- Psychoanalytic Criticism, Jungian Criticism(1930s-present)
- Marxist Criticism (1930s-present)
- Reader-Response Criticism (1960s-present)
- Feminist Criticism (1960s-present)
- Post-Structuralism/Deconstruction (1966-present)
- New Historicism/Cultural Studies (1980s-present)
- Post-Colonial Criticism (1990s-present)
Contributors:Allen Brizee, J. Case Tompkins