Scholarly Publishing: Home
- Writing Your Journal Article in 12 Weeks byCall Number: Z471 .B45 2009ISBN: 9781412957014
- An author's guide to scholarly publishing byCall Number: Z286.S37 D46 1996ISBN: 0691037108
- Getting published: a guide for lecturers and researchers byCall Number: eBook
- The Writer's marketCall Number: eBookISBN: 9781582975795
- Writing for professional publication byCall Number: PN146 .V38ISBN: 9780205283132
- Writing your dissertation in fifteen minutes a day : a guide to starting, revising, and finishing your doctoral thesis byCall Number: LB2369 .B57 1998ISBN: 080504891X
Searching for a publisher?
If you belong to a professional organization, determine if the organization produces any publications. If so, what are the editorial policies?
If you've presented at a conference, check with organizers. The conference proceedings may be published.
What journals do you read to stay current in your field? Check the editorial policies!
Don't rule out publication in local sources such as newspapers and feature articles in magazines.
Glossary of Publishing Terms
As scholarly communication changes and advances, new terms and organizations are constantly emerging. The University of Illinois-Champaign/Urbana has created an online glossary.