Job Search Resources: Resume & Cover Letter
Job-hunting tips and tricks
- Knock Em Dead Resumes byISBN: 9780991270460Publication Date: 2015-09-20Knock Em Dead Resumes, 11th edition. How to write a killer resume and use it to get more job interviews and job offers than you have ever had before. Every page packed with practical, easy-to-follow advice for creating your resume.
- Get Hired in a Tough Market byISBN: 9780071664967Want that job? Then make employers want you Cutting-edge strategies that make you stand out--and blow your competition away In an uncertain market, job seekers need to use every tool at their disposal to find the right position. From the pre-work that gets you off on the right foot, to approaching opportunities from multiple fronts, to interviewing and negotiation, career expert Alan De Back reveals the secrets to getting hired fast in a changing marketplace. You only have one minute to sell yourself
Your library has thousands of titles to help you in your job search.
- How to find a job on Linkedin, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and other social networks byCall Number: HF5382.7 .S34 2010xISBN: 978-0071621335A career guide to finding work by using the power of social networking, this up-to-date reference helps readers fully exploit all the major on-line job-hunting tools out there, taking the reader step by step through the processes of marketing themselves, connecting with employers, building a network of business contacts, and getting recommendations. It also shows how to build contacts and find new leads.
- Top 100 careers for college graduates byCall Number: HF5382.5 .U5 F374 2007ISBN: 978-1593573188Complete Guidebook to Major Jobs in Many Fields
- Best entry-level jobs byCall Number: HF5382.7 .L54 2007ISBN: 978-0375765605This book reveals where the best job opportunities are and what recent grads need to do to land those positions. The experts at The Princeton Review conducted hundreds of interviews with entry-level employees at the companies profiled in this book, and the most telling answers are in this book. Now students can get an inside look at hiring procedures, salaries, benefits, job responsibilities, opportunities for advancement…and more!
- 15-Minute Cover Letter byCall Number: HF5383 .F315 2005ISBN: 978-1593576615Quick tips for writing a cover letter in 15 minutes -- Write your own 15-minute cover letter -- A stupendous collection of professionally written and designed cover letters -- Additional job search correspondence: thank-you letters, quick notes, JIST cards, job proposals, and more -- Improve your resume in 15 minutes -- Seven steps to getting a good job in less time.
- CeeVeeThe smarter way to create and share your résumé
- 8 job-Getting TipsAugust Nielsen has hired about 300 people in the last 20 months and he has some simple, straight forward advice on how to land that job!