Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality: Forms and Policies
Release of Liability for VR Lab
Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Release of Liability
The Derrell C. Roberts Library is offering free use of HP Z VR virtual reality devices, including equipment and software, with the understanding that while the library will provide a supervised experience, all participants are required to sign this waiter releasing the Library from any liability regarding the use of this equipment and software.
YOU ARE ADVISED TO STOP USE IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY DISCOMFORT.
Please read and initial each section:
_____I understand that some users report dizziness or vertigo from the VR experience, or other effects on the user’s sense of balance, sight, and hearing. I agree to report any discomfort or disorientation immediately, so that the facilitator can remove the equipment and take appropriate measures to assist me.
_____I understand that I can terminate the VR experience at any time, but I must also listen to the facilitator and follow instructions at all times in order to have a safe and optimal experience.
_____If I fail to comply with safety precautions and instructions, the Library may revoke my privilege to use the Virtual Reality equipment.
_____By signing, I acknowledge that I have read and understood all the terms of this release form. I am voluntarily giving up legal rights, including the right to sue Dalton State College, the Derrell C. Roberts Library or its employees.
Participant’s Name (Please print) Date
Phone number Student ID number
Participant’s Signature Library Staff Signature
Policies for VR Lab
VR Lab Policies
· To reserve the VR equipment and Lab, you must first complete an orientation and sign the release form. Click here to schedule an orientation!
· The VR Lab is available to DSC students, faculty and staff.
· The VR Lab can be reserved in 1 hour increments, up to a maximum of 3 hours per day.
· VR touch controllers must be checked out at the circulation desk and returned after use.
· VR development/research projects have priority in reserving time.
· Requests for purchasing VR apps or software can be submitted to the Library Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· You are allowed to log into your own account to access your personal library for VR content. *Remember to sign out when you are finished* Roberts Library is not responsible for your personal accounts.
· No eating or drinking in the VR Lab.
· DSC Library staff reserve the right to close the VR Lab at any time.
· Always place the headset and controllers on the table or stand, never on the ground.
· Be aware of cables during use.
· Make sure controllers are secured to your wrist during use.
· If you have any questions regarding use of the equipment, ask at the Help desk.
· If you feel nausea or discomfort, take the headset off immediately and sit down. Do not use the headset when you are: tired; need sleep; under the influence of alcohol or drugs; have digestive problems; under emotional stress or anxiety; or when suffering from cold, flu, headaches, migraines, or earaches, as this can increase your susceptibility to adverse symptoms.
· Consult your doctor before use if you have a pre-existing medical condition including, but not limited to, epilepsy, binocular vision abnormalities, psychiatric disorders, or heart conditions.