GIL Express and Interlibrary Loan: GIL Express
What is GIL Express
12 million books - One statewide library
Patrons request books through their GIL Account and the books arrive at Roberts Library within 4-5 business days.
Monitor your requested book's status in "My Account" in GIL. There will be a USG Library listed in your account for each request. Click on that library to the the status of that library's books.
An automated email notification will be sent to the patron when the book is received at Roberts Library.
How to Request a GIL Express
The Libraries of the USG share a Universal Catalog which allows patrons of any USG Library to directly request books from the Circulating collections of other USG Libraries.
1) Log into your Library account in the library catalog with the first part of your email address and your email password
2) Search Roberts Library first.
3) Search the USG libraries.
4) Click on "Get It"
5) Click on "More Libraries"
6) Select a Library where it shows Available.
7) The message "Your GIL Express was successful" will appear. If it didn't, consult this Library Guide's Troubleshooting tab.
8) Monitor your requests by clicking on "My Account" in the GIL Catalog.
Please Ask at the Circulation or Reference Desk or call the Circulation Desk @ 706-272-4583 any time the library is open or the Interlibrary Loan office during regular office hours @ 706-272-2474