MNGT 4602 Leadership: Followership
Leadership Research Guide
- The Doctrine of Completed Staff Work, US Army
Describes the standard of work for which staff members.
- Courage in the Corridors, by Ray Blunt
On creating a climate conducive to candor.
- Followership, by Kevin Slater (USAF, Ret.)
Excerpt from the book Old School is Good School
- Dynamic Followership: The Prerequisite for Effective Leadership, by Lt. Col. Sharon LaTour and Lt. Col. Vicki Rast (USAF)
How teaching subordinates to become dynamic followers supports their development as leaders.
- Courageous Followers, Courageous Leaders, by Ira Chaleff
Provides a nice summary of the ideas in Chaleff's classic book, The Courageous Follower: Standing Up To & For Our Leaders
- Telling Truth to Power, by Bob Stone
Inspiring story from Governing Magazine.
- The Ten Rules of Good Followership, by Col. Phillip Meilinger, USAF
- It Doesn't Take a Wizard to Build a Better Boss, by Len Schlesinger
Having a bad boss can be a great opportunity. From FastCompany magazine