Virtual Displays: August 2020 - Back to Class!
Back to School!!!
Hopefully, those words are a welcome return to friends, classes, and routine. We are excited to begin Fall Semester and want to help you have the best experience possible! Check out the links below for ideas to help make the most of your experience as a RoadRunner!
- Get organized - It helps to write assignments, projects, and tests in a planner
- Take notes - These help you to study and also to pay attention during class
- Minimize distractions while studying - You may need background noise, but you may need silence. Find what works best for you.
- Ask questions
- Ask for help - whether it's from your instructor, a tutor, a LIBRARIAN, or a friend
- Get some rest!
For more tips and descriptions of study methods check out this article 17 Scientifically Proven Ways to Study Better this Year.
- Go for a walk and get some fresh air
- Spend time with friends
- Try journaling
- Prioritize your time
- Eat healthy
- Apples and peanut butter
- Baked bananas and peanut butter
- Hummus and veggies
- Oatmeal and fruit
- Trail mix
Please remember that the library will operate a bit differently than normal, but is still available for you. Whether you choose to come to campus or not, we offer materials that are available electronically and we offer several ways to access our librarians for help with your projects and research.
Hours Currently, our hours are as follows:
- Regular Hours
- Monday & Tuesday 7:30 am - 2:00 pm
- Wednesday 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Front Door Service Only
- Monday & Tuesday 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Wednesday 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Thursday 7:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Friday 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Virtual Hours
- Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Friday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Regular Hours
- Top 10 Things to Know About Roberts Library - Please watch this short video for fun and helpful information about the DSC Roberts Library
Librarians will be available Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm and on Friday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm for online reference and research assistance. You can reach a librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org or by text 706-225-8927 or by chat (the blue box on the top right of the page.)
- Book Requests
Individuals may request books or other items by calling 706-272-4583, texting 706-225-8927, or using the online catalog. The Second Floor will be closed, but we will gladly retrieve any items you need and have them available for you to pick up during regular hours or Front Door Service hours.
- The study rooms are closed at this time, but we've worked to provide other areas. Please sit in these designated areas.
- We are requiring masks in the building. We may look a little different and sound a little different, but we are still ready to help!
- As always, your Student ID/Roadrunner Card is necessary to pick up items and to print in the library. Please have it with you!