Lee Ann Cline
Welcome to the Derrell C. Roberts Library! The library staff are ready and eager to help you find the information you need. Good information literacy skills are crucial to academic success and we will teach you how to find information, how to analyze it, how to apply that information to your assignments, and how to document your sources. Don’t hesitate to ask any staff for help, that is our main purpose—to help answer your questions. Please click on the tabs above to see the contact information for each staff member. You can also use our text service and the Ask-A-Librarian email service.
Lydia F. Knight, M.L.S.
The Derrell C. Roberts Library supports the mission of Dalton State College by instructing a diverse student body, faculty, and staff in methods of accessing and evaluating library and learning resources that enhance the associate, certificate, and targeted baccalaureate level program curricula of the College. The Library acquires, organizes, and makes accessible collections of print and non-print resources in support of the programs of the College. The Library promotes the use of these resources by employing a qualified staff competent to provide bibliographic instruction and to assist users in the areas of reference, information literacy, circulation, and media services. Resources and services are made available to the local community to the extent that access by the Library’s primary constituency – Dalton State College students, faculty, and staff – is not impaired. The Library actively participates in the instructional and community service processes of Dalton State College through these objectives:
· providing ready and open access to an excellent, balanced collection of information resources and services that support and augment the classroom experience and promote high levels of student learning through freedom of inquiry;
· utilizing available and emerging technologies that support and enhance instruction and information retrieval;
· cultivating a supportive learning environment that promotes student achievement by enhancing instructional and individual excellence; providing service from professional, qualified librarians, and from staff who are committed to meeting the needs of students, faculty, and staff;
· supporting the College's online and hybrid classes and extended campus classes;
· collaborating with other units of the College to encourage cooperative collection development and faculty scholarly pursuits;
· continuous planning and assessment, staff development, and technical assistance to meet library user needs;
· cooperating with other System institutions, State agencies, public libraries, local schools and technical institutes, and business and industry, in sharing physical, human, and information resources to expand programs available to the citizens of Georgia.